Pinterest is a popular social media platform that allows users to discover, save, and share visual content such as images, videos, and infographics on virtual bulletin boards known as “boards.” With over 400 million monthly active users, Pinterest has become a powerful marketing tool for businesses looking to reach and engage with their target audience.
Pinterest marketing involves using the platform to promote products or services, drive traffic to a website, and increase brand awareness. Businesses can create a business account on Pinterest and use various features such as rich pins, promoted pins, and Pinterest Analytics to optimize their content and measure their success.
To effectively use Pinterest for marketing, businesses need to have a clear understanding of their target audience, create visually appealing content that aligns with their brand, and use keywords and hashtags to make their content discoverable. By utilizing Pinterest’s various features and implementing a well-crafted strategy, businesses can leverage the platform to boost their online presence and drive sales.
Since Facebook bought Instagram, Pinterest has become the most popular marketing tool for businesses. There’s a reason for that. I don’t know what would happen if a platform with over 433 million monthly active users did not. The real strength of Pinterest lies in the integrated features of its business accounts, in addition to feeding obsessions with exotic vacation destinations and gourmet cuisine. When you join the businesses that have Pinterest for Business accounts, you’ll get more marketing tools to promote your brand on one of the social media platforms that is growing the fastest.
Benefits of Business Pinterest Accounts
If you don’t have an account already, or if your account is personal, you’re going to need to sign up for an official Pinterest for Business account to tap into the full potential of Pinterest’s marketing potency. Here are some of the unique facets of a business Account.
1. They offer different terms of service.
The terms of services are a little bit different for a business, so be sure to read through them. The difference comes from the fact that you are using the account commercially.
You will still have the same Acceptable Use Policy and Pin Etiquette Policy, but there are a few guidelines for commercial use:
- Don’t promote spam, “such as asking participants to comment repeatedly.”
- Don’t “run a sweepstake where each Pin, Repin, or Like represents an entry [or] ask pinners to vote with a Repin or Like.”
- Don’t run contests, sweepstakes, or promotions “too often.”
- Don’t “suggest that Pinterest sponsors or endorses” your business.
2. They provide educational marketing materials.
Pinterest doesn’t just give you the platform; they produce educational Pinterest marketing materials to teach you how to maximize its effectiveness for marketing your business.
Business resources: tools, insights, and guides on best practices to help creators make the most of Pinterest
Pinterest business community: A place where creators and businesses can support each other
You can also check out the Pinterest blog to stay updated on when these materials will be out and get some basic tips.
3. You Get Access to Pinterest Analytics
Pinterest Analytics is one of the newest and most awesome features of a Pinterest for Business account. When you verify your account, you get access to the important tracking information. You can see which strategies and content work to constantly improve your Pinterest marketing.
4. Rich Pins Loaded with More Information Than Average Pins
There are six different types of Rich Pins, all loaded with more information than your average Pin for serious sales power. They include real-time price and stock updates, direct links to your site, and interactive map locations. There will be more details on developing your Rich Pin strategy later.
5. Access to Upcoming Tools and Features
Pinterest has promised some new tools exclusively for business accounts in the future. As of right now, that includes:
- Buyable Pins for e-commerce
- Promoted Pins
- the Pin It Button
- the Widget Builder
As new tools are added, you can stay updated by joining the Pinterest newsletter.
6. Different Settings
You get to use your business name instead of the typical First + Last name formula. This means your Pinterest account won’t have an automatic link to your Facebook account, so you should add a Facebook tab to your Pinterest home page.
Grow your business with Pinterest.
Here are some tips for using Pinterest to grow your business.
- Create a Business Account: To get started on Pinterest, you’ll need to create a business account. This will allow you to access Pinterest analytics and other business-related features. Make sure to fill out your profile completely and include keywords that describe your business.
- Optimize Your Pins: Pins are the images and videos that people save on Pinterest. To optimize your pins for maximum visibility, make sure they are high-quality and include a clear description with relevant keywords. You can also add hashtags to your pins to increase their visibility in search results.
- Create Boards: Boards are collections of pins that are organized around a specific theme or topic. Create boards that are relevant to your business and include a mix of your content and content from other users. This will help you attract followers and build your brand on Pinterest.
- Engage with Other Users: Like other social media platforms, Pinterest is a community-driven platform. Engage with other users by commenting on their pins, repinning their content, and following their boards. This will help you build relationships with other users and increase your visibility on Pinterest.
- Promote Your Pins: If you want to get your pins in front of more people, you can promote them with Pinterest ads. Pinterest ads can help you reach a larger audience and drive more traffic to your website or online store.
- Use Analytics: Pinterest offers a variety of analytics tools that can help you track your performance on the platform. Use these tools to monitor your reach, engagement, and click-through rates. This will help you identify what’s working and what’s not, so you can adjust your strategy accordingly.
In conclusion, Pinterest is a powerful marketing tool that can help you drive traffic and grow your business. By creating high-quality content, engaging with other users, and using analytics to track your performance, you can make the most of this platform and reach your target audience.