Amazon gives all the brand owners a perfect platform to showcase their product in detail with the help of A Plus content all so known as Amazon Enhanced Brand Content or EBC.
Now Vendors have the option to sign up for Amazon A+ Content, a program that promises to enhance your product detail page with visuals and enhanced marketing content to overcome purchase hesitations and drive brand affinity. The A+ content feature enables brands to change the product descriptions of branded ASINs. Using this tool, you can describe your product features in a different way by including a unique brand story, enhanced images, and text placements. Adding A+ content to your product detail pages can help result in higher conversion rates, increased traffic, and increased sales when used effectively.
Requirements for sellers and vendors
First things first sellers need to be registered with and approved by Amazon’s Brand Registry. Alternatively, participants of Amazon’s managed selling programs, such as Launchpad or Amazon Exclusives, automatically have access to A+ content as well. Eligible sellers can add Enhanced Brand Content (Amazon EBC) to any ASIN that they own according to the Global Catalog Identifier (GCDI) and have an offer for. Amazon A+ Content can be added to both parent and child ASINs.
Limitations to EBC
Two situation where adding A+ for product listings might be unachievable:
- If the content has already been published by a retail vendor for an ASIN before then it might be a problem for you – in this case, Amazon won’t allow you to add additional A+ content.
- Products in media, video, digital or books, sellers in these categories are not able to take advantage of Amazon EBC features as brand registry is not available for these products.
Benefits of Amazon EBC
- Amazon A+ content transforms an existing Amazon product listing into a sales converting powerhouse while also boosting visibility in Amazon product searches and reducing ACoS in ads.
- A+ content helps you capture your customers’ attention within. It creates a full digital shopping experience. Quality A+ content serves as a digital sales and customer service team.
- Enhanced content builds consumer confidence, minimizes returns, and helps keep customers happy.
Amazon A+ Content Guidelines
Here are few of the guidelines for A+
- A+ content is not indexed, therefore it does not provide any organic boost to your detail page.
- Amazon A+ Content does not show up on mobile or the Amazon Mobile App (at least not yet).
- Only those products not listed on Amazon.com by another vendor are eligible to receive the A+ Enhanced Marketing Content page at no additional cost through the promotion.
- To qualify for the promotion, vendors must submit all content required to create the A+ Enhanced Marketing Content pages within one month of confirming the PO for the eligible product.
- Offer limited to five or less A+ Enhanced Marketing Content pages per vendor.
- Once an A+ Enhanced Marketing Content page is live, a vendor has 2 business days within which to request an edit or update to the Page.